3 AM



It's 3 o'clock and I'm alone in my office overlooking the NSTP building, working on this puppet show a la Barney and Friends or if you prefer, Sesame Street for RTM's TV2.

Yeah, I know, RTM. Tak cool kan? Tah pape, tak move on segala.

Well, that's what I've been telling myself when I first signed up for this job, about 4 weeks back. I was swimming in my ego and resting on my laurels, thinking that this is nothing since I've edited videos that were aired on the relatively more posh TV3 and Astro Ria about 2 years back when I was barely 19.

Terer la sangat kan? Poyo tak habis-habis.

Still, there are kids out there that relies on this lame channels we often mock for their entertainment and education. Who the hell am I to deny them that right? I could just do a simple sloppy one and chances are it'll be on air soon but what do I gain from that? Money that'll end up in the cash registers of the many mamaks? Have my name at the last 2 minutes and announce to the whole world that it sucked because it is for RTM?

Nah, no way.

Things don't suck just because they are on RTM. People suck for doing sucky things and accepting things that are just meh.

What if I do a good job, do my very best and make this thing enjoyable so that these kids that rely on this channel will watch it, have a good time, learn something and who knows, picks up the lessons that the show is teaching and grow up to be a good, educated human being?

Now, that is the sort of things I don't mind putting my name on.

So what the hell am I doing here at this time? I'm doing this for the kids.

Have fun kiddos.

About this entry