AM

I tuned into the AM frequency on night and out of the billion songs on God's fertile earth, 'Kalau Bulan Bisa Ngomong' was playing.

Thank you DJ.

I was driving home from somewhere and I came to a point that I got annoyed with all the radio stations. Weird actually, usually I'm only annoyed with the various morning shows and their wide variety of prank calls antics. Our collective creativity is surely somewhere down the drain that we think we need to do prank calls just because every other station have it. Oh, okay. Kudos then to XFM for their quasi-English classes in the morning. Quasi because if they really do it well, they themselves could better their English and stop pronouncing Pop Shuvit as Pop Shovit.

Oh oh, maybe the ought to have an Islamic segment too, you know, so they can learn how to say 'Astaghfirullahalazim' properly.

This was well after midnight and BFM usually devote their entire airtime to play slow Malay numbers; jazzs, ballads and the likes. Most nights it's quite nice actually, soothing although I think I'm sure that they only do that to get by the law since their day time playlist is mostly foreign songs. Still, good foreign songs I might add, from the 1990s where music was still sensible and deep unlike the songs we get these days which are mostly sex, sex and booty shaking.

If that sorta music is your cup of Darjeeling on a lazy Monday morning, then I feel bad for you.

Oh, and Lady Gaga is just what? In a few years, we will all look back at 2010 and wonder why the fuck did we gave that women so much attention.

Remember Amy Winehouse? Me neither.

Well, then again, to each their own right? Who am I to say you what's good for you? Not everyone listen to music for reasons almost spiritual. Some people just want to shake their heads. Or body. Or booty. Haha.

Remember Kurt Cobain?

About this entry