On Pavillion


We can't never get enough of shopping complexes can we? Yesterday Neet and I went to the spanking new jewel of Bukit Bintang, Pavillion is ideally situated in the middle of it all, where Bukit Bintang Girl's School used to be. It's kind of sad to think that what used to be a place a place of knowledge is now a capitalism hub. It made me think what would become of my own Malay College in the future.. Well, that's urban renewal for you.

I've been looking forward to this shopping complex for quite a while, mostly because it is one of the reasons Jalan Bukit Bintang is more congested. It's also a lil bit about the name.. remind me of the MCKK Pavillion somehow. Haha! Anyway, the parking bays are okay though they currently only open the first basement floor. It's well lit and all though I prefer the likes of the Curve and IKEA more. Hey, don't laugh.. Parking lots are important you know!

The interior is made in a very minimalistic-modernist approach that borders spartan. It sort of the building is saying, "Hey, don't mind me. Look into the shops instead". Seriously. From the wide open avenues, the plain beige tiled floor and walls to the simple glass handle bars, it is designed not to obstruct the view of the boutiques that line the avenues. In the middle of it all is a circular open area shown above that reminds me of Albert Speer's Nazism architecture. A different approach nonetheless.


So what about the shops? Well, most of them are already open like the 3 story Esprit boutique and the double story TopShop next to it. It didn't excite me though.. they could have a 10 story TopShop but I bet they still won't have my size. Haha! All food outlets are on the lowermost floor that serves typical fast food restaurant such as KFC, Nando's, Pizza Hut to more sophisticated restaurants with funky names. There's bound to be a food court dubbed the Food Republic, though it still is under construction. Bear in mind, Pavillion isn't in the same league as Times Square or Sungei Wang. The only place I found that sells your everyday brand drinking water is myNews.com.. Hurm hurm hurm.. Don't worry, someone told me that The Gardens at Mid Valley is grander than Pavillion.. Need to go and check that out later.

Next, let's talk about the toilet. I find it nice that the toilets are easily accesible and not as hidden as other shopping complexes (Yes, I'm looking at you Times Square..). There's no need to go through service stairs and long plain corridors to pee, the toilets is just a few steps away from the main avenue, all the way along brightly lit wide, marble tiled corridors. Inside is an attendant waiting to aid you with.. I don't know, something.. The toilet is the same as everything else, minimalistic-modernist, wide, bright and with ample selection of squat and sitdown jambans. But then I found something sad.. Ye la, you know.. Inside a brand spanking new, shiny shopping mecca, some people are stupid enough to flush and are too retarded on how to aim. Tisk.. Stupid stupid stupid.. Reminds me of the cleanest toilet in a shopping complex ever, the one near my home, Jusco Taman Equine. Honestly.. you could sleep inside there.

So there you have it. My short review of a new place for you to burn those hard earned money of yours. The good thing about it, well.. Maybe it's intimidating enough to keep those emo kids on weekends from getting in. Haha.. No offence guys. Anyway, yeah.. It's kind of sad that though we have this great architectural wonder here in Malaysia, some of us are still ignorant.. I guess as the saying goes, ignorance is bliss. Retard.

About this entry