Windows 7


I'm posting this from Neet's laptop, running a fresh install of Microsoft Windows 7.

Yeap, Windows.

Being a happy Apple Mac user since 2006 sometimes made me forget about the 10-odd years prior to that when I loyally use Microsoft's finest.

I don't recall myself as being an early adopter to technological things. I was still using Windows 95 well into the time when most others are using Windows 98. The same goes for XP. I've never owned a Vista PC since by then I was already beamed up the Mac mothership but I've tried using it for quite a while on Neet's laptop, even choosing it over my Mac for my Moscow trip.

Vista was, unfortunately something that I couldn't live with and reading the news on the worldwide blogosphere and the web, many share my gripe. That's why I was excited when I found out about Windows 7.

7 is basically Vista 2.0, or maybe Vista done right. It's faster than Vista on the same hardware, more intuitive, more functional and less getting in the way of you doing your work. Plus, it doesn't think that the user is stupid and it doesn't act stupid itself. Pretty amazing stuffs indeed.

Still, this doesn't mean that I'm selling my PowerBook off and getting a ThinkPad anytime soon (though I kind of find ThinkPad to be quite sexay). It means that I'm happy that people are getting a good software for their money and it means that I can see Microsoft Windows as a good alternative. I've tried Linux and I have yet to be satisfied.

Sticking to just one thing is kinda like driving. You know how to drive auto but cringe at the thought of driving a manual and go clueless when you are presented with a sequential or tiptronic drive car.

So yeah.. I don't know what I'm talking about here. Why don't you go try Windows 7 for yourself savvy? Here's the appropriate links:

Windows 7 Download Page

Lifehacker Windows 7 Install Guide

Enjoy. The beta expires in August.

About this entry