Spotify

I can't remember the last time I downloaded any music off the web. My music interest kinda stagnated a bit lately and I've been spending time discovering songs that are already in my iTunes library. You know, all that 'What song is this?' moment when you lie on the bed as your iTunes shuffles along your thousand or so songs.

Yeah.

So last week I discovered this nice app called Spotify, which instead of playing songs that I store in my hard disk, streams music from Spotify's server, which is quite fully well stocked with music and albums from probably any artist you can think off.

International off course. Malaysian ones are still blaming cetak rompak.

Anyway, this app is great fun. The streaming goes down well, no hiccups whatsoever and the quality is nice. The app itself is very lightweight even on my aging PowerBook G4. Since it is account based, you could build your playlist and just log in into any computer that connects to the internet and has a copy of Spotify and tadaa, you have access to your playlist without the need to carry gigabytes of volatile hard disk.

There's a free account and a pay account. Both are not yet available in Malaysia which sucks because you need to register for your account. Thank god there's Dave to help. He can help you with other sites that Mr. Rais Yatim blocks too.

Yeah, you're welcome.

Oh, another thing. When registering, key in a UK or US postcode/zipcode instead of your Malaysian one.

Click here to go to Spotify's webpage. Copy the link into Dave's Proxy to register.

About this entry