Benjamin, Biak Mayoh Penumbuh

Vintage

A rockstar lived in my living room for close to a year. His name is Benjamin Ujang.

No, he don't have a band or a hit single, but he's a rockstar nonetheless.

Talented, eccentric, happy, eccentric, motivated, eccentric, optimist, eccentric, blatant, eccentric, open, eccentric, liberal, eccentric, traditional, eccentric, patriotic, eccentric, proud, eccentric, avant-garde, eccentric, eccentric, eccentric.

It often stresses me up at night when I'm trying to sleep and he's in the living room, blasting some screamo music. Other nights it would be some ethereal gamelan music while I remember those few days in August when he fell in love with Abdullah CB's original Tanggal 31 which Sudirman so famously covered.

But throughout all those footnotes, those few months were our most productive, creative and inspiring. Most of the works I'm proud of, I did with him, both directly and indirectly.

He's a catalyst.

When one day I saw a nice hill by the roadside that I think would look nice to photograph, he was the one who made me stop by the roadside, climb up that hill and shoot that photo.

During Earth Hour, we turned off the house's main switch, only to burn precious fuel driving to KL to see the city in darkness.

Yeah. He then compensated it by keeping the main switch off for a couple more hours after we got back.

Genius!

We don't always get what we want in life, sometimes we get something better, sometimes something worse. Sometimes we get nothing at all. But whatever it is the world wants to throw at Ben, he can surely take it and make the best out of it.

I can't think of one person who can't like Ben at first sight.

Like.

Don't worry to much about love. Love will find a way.

So macam mana housemate? Sweet tak?

Ramadan 1430.
Penang Road, George Town.
Nikon D40 kit + Adobe Lightroom + Makai Pandi aram.

About this entry