Around KL

I just got back, again from our beloved capital city to meet my friend who is in search of a laptop. It would’ve been easy since my dear friend told me that he’s going for a Mac but put mama and papa in the equation, it went complicated. Instantly I understood why the reason I was needed there; to convince them parents to buy a Mac for their kid. I must admit, its hard to convince people especially when they already have a candidate in mind. After looking at a pristine new MacBook at the Apple Store, they took me to look at some Toshibas which I admit to be a well built notebook but hey, the kid want a Mac so get one and make my life easy! So after the Toshiba, we also browse the excessively-expensive-yet-underpowered Sony Viaos (sorry to all those who use Viao, but hey.. its a fact), them expensive and powerful Fujitsus and even some BenQs with me explaining the benefits of Macs over all the competitors at every turn. It’s a hard thing to explain these stuffs actually especially when explaining that anti-virus software are not necessary but I don’t blame them though since we live in a world where the word computer and virus usually coexist in a sentence. So after long last, the family agreed to get a Mac... but not today! It turned out all this was just a window shopping with the real purchase to be done on Tuesday.. Ho hum...

Later I went pusing-pusing in KL. You’ve got to see the cars parked along Jalan Tun Razak, it was crazy! People seems to park their car heedlessly as they scramble to hop a ride on the ferris wheel and the concert later that night. Now, its a known fact that the attraction is going to be there throughout the year so why are this people, most of them with kids still hurdle themselves against the sea of people just to watch KL 60 feet higher? Well.. I guess its the kids kot. Well, I admit I too am intrigued at the wheels. I was at Tasek Titiwangsa on the 5th and took some photos of the wheels but put a sea of people in front of me, with kids and lots of kids, not to mention RM15 for the ride plus the hours in line.. maybe next time, waktu budak-budak kat sekolah and mama and papa are at work.

Since Neet’s college on Jalan Semarak was near the Titiwangsa, I managed to get a glimpse of the light show and the fireworks while I was there. It must’ve been hell for those rich people who live there while the park’s speakers are pumping My Heart’s songs all night long. Nightmare! (sorry but I still think that Ada Apa Dengan Cinta kick My Heart’s balls a few times). If the college a Kilometer away can hear the song, imagine what the folks along the park are enduring. It’s nice though, with all the search lights and lasers but I have some problems with the fireworks. To me, fireworks are climax stuffs which is only launched during a climax. But the folks at the park are firing hundreds of taxpayers money every 5 minutes for god sake! It spoils the kick-ass-ness of the fireworks not to mention membazir. But then again, that might just be me... the folks at the concert sounded like they are enjoying every moment of it. Oh well..

Labels: , ,


About this entry