Mancongkam?

My dad once suggested me to do a blog on restaurants and eateries since our family often argues when the question of where to it is coined up. Well, I did give it a thought but as days go by I kindof forgot about it. The thought of dedicating one whole blog for eating spot is also something I'm not particularly keen of.. Anyway, after doing an entry about SS2 Murni I think I could give the idea one more chance, albeit doing it in this blog instead of a new one.

Though I happen to spend quite some time in Cyberjaya, I still do travel to KL quite often thanks to my friend Dzul and his venerable red Kancil Turbo. One particular night, he asked me to teman him to Danau Kota as a bouncer since he was going to ask for rent from a guy who is renting his dad's house there. Needless to say he paid on the spot at the sight of two of us. So after that we both went looking for a place to eat where he introduced me to Nasi Ayam Mancongkam.

First of all, I don't have any idea what Mancongkam really means but I do know from Dzul that this folks just moved their restaurant here from a less permanent spot. The specialty of this place is a particular dish called Nasi Ayam Garing where the chicken is very much crispier than its Nasi Ayam Biasa counterpart. They also offer the Ayam Garing with other type of rices such as Nasi Goreng which, taste quite awesome too.

Though the crispy chicken sounds quite tempting, the normal Nasi Ayam is also a winner. Remember those skinny strip of chicken they call Nasi Ayam at food courts? You don't get em here. What you get instead is a healthy portion of chicken flesh in a shallow pool of kicap garnished with healthy looking and crispy salad. Though the kicap might prove to be a tad too salty for some, there's always the chilli sauce to counter the taste and leave you with a very delicious meal. And I do mean delicious.. look around; most people are ordering their second helping.

So, how do you get here? Well, from Bulatan Pahang take the turn into Setapak and drive all the way till the juction to Danau Kota. From there, drive straight through Taman Ibu Kota until you reach a junction at the end of the road. If I'm not mitaken, the right turn will lead you to Sungai Pusu. Don't go there. Take the left turn into Jalan Gombak (again, if I'm not mistaken) and drive happily until you reach a traffic light. From there, drive slowly cause this thing is quite easy to miss. You should keep an eye on the right hand side of the road and look for a big orange-reddish coloured mosque. Opposite the mosque is a restaurant Haji Tapah. Mancongkam is right next door. Not that hard isn't it? Bear in mind though that Mancongkam is only open until 9 o'clock so don't be expecting to eat there during your night out in the city.

Well, whatever it is just go ahead and try it. If you get lost, feel free to ask around. They should know where it is.

Labels: ,


About this entry