Cars, Crimes and Crashes

(14 August 2007)

Haha.. What can I say, I've been busy lately. In fact, I still am busy now! Anyway, have you heard of the saying, when it rains, it pours? Well, that's what I've benn going through lately. Wanna hear a story?

You see, I've just gotten myself a car, thanks to Mak and Abah that is. Thanks! Anyway, since I have a car, I did what any other boys with a new car would do: drive around like there's no tomorrow. It so happens that last weekend was Kandaq's last weekend here in Malaysia so after a few phone calls, we set to have a farewell dinner at Murni SS2.

It was fun actualy, considering the number of people who showed up at such a short notice: Erare, Haziq, Pecot, Amar, Zameer, Teeno and Ara, Bebeh, Ajim, Chye, Moki, Syarel, Hrr, Botak, Amin, Me myself and of course Kandaq (remind me if I miss anyone). We had great laughs over glasses of Pink Panther, the kind we used to do back then under the Big Tree.. Yup, gelak tak beragak. Haha.. A great farewell for Kandaq, that's for sure.

Anyway, at around 1 in the morning everyone was kind of exhausted so we bid adieu to each other. Hrr and Syarel are going back with me so we walked to the car, still laughing only to realize that some son of a bitch smacked my side window.. and I've only been driving the car for just 2 days! Was it bad luck or karma? I couldn't tell. Anyway, it so happen that Hrr left his bag inside my car containing his Apple MacBook Pro and an iPod

...

(19 August 2007)

Guess what? Before I could finish the sentence above, Lina got a call from Syafiq; he and Ernest met an accident. Dude! What is it with cars and bad lucks? Lina and I immediately went to the crash site and well, it turn out to be quite a crash indeed. The Honda Civic's front left was very much dented as with the back. Thank God my friends are okay.. Shaken, but at least not stirred. Needless to say, the four of us had a long day settling the whole thing, from going all the way to IPD Sepang to lodge a report then all the way back to Sri Kembangan to the workshop.

Needless to say though, I missed 2 classes and a quiz but hey, I guess it is God's way of showing me how to be a friend. When my Satria's windshield was busted, all my friends waited patiently outside the Seapark police station for me to settle the report and showered me with endless flows of sympathy so I guess it was only fair for them if I go all the way for Ernest and Syafiq. What are friends for right?

Thanks guys. You people are friends in the purest form of the word.

About this entry