Result!

Well, what can I say.. I've been very lazy this last few days so I haven't updated anything. Hurmm..

Anyway, College will reopen next week! I can't wait.. at least then I have a lot of things to do. I've already got my previous semester result and I honestly tried to restrain myself from posting anything about it since, well.. I'm not particularly proud of it. Nevertheless, I did do a posting on my previous previous result during Foundation so I guess it's only fair to write about this one too.

Now, where did I put that envelope.. Oh, here it is. Okay.. let's see.
FTV111: History of Screen Language - C (2.33)
JRN111: Intro to Print - B (3.33)
MCI111: Information Age - B (3.33)
MCI101: Research and Presentation 1 - B (3.33)
MPW2133: Malaysian Studies - A- (4.00)
Now, that's not really impressive innit? That figures why my GPA is merely a mediocre 3.24, well below the previous semester's 3.50. Now, last semester I asked some people at the Management on wether they would add my degree grades to that from my Foundation. They said no since both are basically different courses. But according to my result slip my CGPA is 3.45. Am I missing something here or did they count my Foundation's result together with this one? I'm clueless.

Truth be told, I'm totally devastated by this result and though I'm quite disappointed at my result, I can't seem to pinpoint where my mistakes are. I knew I tried very hard and I have no problem with any lecturers that I know of. So why this?

Honestly, I do have doubt about FTV since the whole context of the course is subjective but I was really really aiming for an A for Journalism and Information Age. I love them both! I love them eventhough they both require me to write very very long reports. In fact, I am really sure I did a very good analytical essay for Information Age, I'm going to post it here later after this post. I spent nights reading through business report on that essay and I analyzed a huge pile of newspaper to see how real journalists write for my Journalism news articles. How could I deserve a B for all that hard work?

Well, I've posted queries to some of my lecturers concerning my result and what I should do to for remedial and one, my Journalism lecturer Mr. Razlan replied:
actly u r consdrd gud.. b man. hghest in clas is b+.. but to me u r a gud stdnt.. u shld take up jrnlsm
Well, that's heartwarming.. Still, why wasn't I'm the one who got a B+? Well Hadi, I guess you can't always get what you want. C'est la vie. I guess this is what Degree is. I should stop living in my Foundation bubble.. Burst it. Pop.

So folks, thanks for listening. Give me a chance to shine and I'll blind the world. A week left till College reopens.. man, I'm really going to shine. Amin.

About this entry