Eye On Malaysia

I've been waiting for it for quite a while actually and yesterday I finally found the right time to do it: ride on the Eye On Malaysia ferris wheel! Haha.. I guess there are already a lot of people who have had the chance to ride on it far far earlier than me but I'm not really comfortable around crowd of people so I waited. Thank god for it though since yesterday the place was quite empty with no queue line to buy tickets. Heck, even the gondolas are not full. It's a good thing to note that the people who work there are quite friendly and by friendly I mean that they are not shy to smile and say thank you. That's a good start.

Anyway, as you might already know the ride costs RM 15 each for adults and it lasts around 15 minutes. One Ringgit a minute.. hurm, is it worth it? Well, that is a hard question to answer actually. Firstly, my gondola is hot eventhough I know that the air conditioning is working thanks to that subtle hum up above. I don't know about other gondolas, it could even be my fault though since I was there before sundown, around 5 o'clock. The glass covering my gondola is also somewhat dirty and it seemed as if they haven't wiped it for quite a while. Hurm..

The view from up above is not entirely fascinating as I hoped it to be. I was thinking of getting a good view of the entire Kuala Lumpur but instead the Eye On Malaysia isn't high enough to satisfy my anticipation though if you are afraid of height, it's quite enough to scare you. Claustrophobic are not spared too; the gondolas shake a lot. Anyway, it is safe to say that if you really want to get a bird's eye view of the big bad city, you might want to head to KL Tower instead. Oh, I always forgot that thing exist..

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not saying that the ride was utter boredom. It's not. I do however think that they should somehow improvise on the ride more. Spinning on the wheel 3 times is not that much fun no? The same goes to sitting in a hot gondola surrounded by smudgy glass. Though before I noted that the staffs are nicer that average, they are still lacking in the maintenance and housekeeping department. If you charge people that much money for the ride, it should be better or perhaps they don't care as long as by the end of the year, they have enough money to pay the owner of the wheel and some left to jolly. I personally hope that is not the case.

On the brighter side of things, I believe it won't hurt to ride that wheel. After all, it's a once in a lifetime experience which you can tell your grandchild about sometime in the future. Neat innit? "Atuk dulu naik ferris wheel dekat Tasik Titiwangsa, time tu ada ferris wheel tapi sekarang dah takde dah." Haha! Anyway, if you are going do try to go on weekdays since there's not really many people around. Im not really sure about this but some people say that if you go on weekends they pack you all into the gondola at 8 people each, which wouldn't be quite fun especially if the 6 other people are total strangers while on weekdays, you get a gondola to yourself. Can anyone confirm on this? Oh, plus its easier to park on weekdays.

So if you happen to be wondering where to take your girlfriend or boyfriend, why not head to Tasik Titiwangsa and get on the wheel. It's a change from pussing-pusing shopping complex innit?

Labels:


About this entry