Dear readers, I have a request

Sitting in my room staring at my oversized desk ornament got me thinking for quite a while now and I guess this is what I must say.

If you happen to have a old Apple computer that you no longer use, be it working or dead or if you happen to know anyone with one sitting in a closet or in a storeroom somewhere, forgotten or waiting to be disposed, do give me a ring and I see if I can take it off your hand. I don't have money to give you for the exchange but I do promise that your computer will be in good hands, taken care of with love and respect, the same way I handle my own Mac.

There are lots of things one can do with old computers and one of them is making it usable again, as what I'm working on with Mr. Mokhtar Daud's iMac. I know some people love to see it as an aquarium or a nightlight or even a bed for their cats, but I rather see them alive and be used the way it meant to be. Yes, no one expect a 10 year old computer to be relevant in todays world but when you really think about it, there are a lot of things we do on computers that does not demand a dual core processor or tons of memory. A 10 year old computer might not look like the gem it used to be but to some, it just need some polishing and it'll shine nonetheless.

Why am I doing this? Probably the same way people refurbish cars for. You don't turn an old Mustang into an aquarium, you want to make it roadworthy again. Why should computers be so much different then? It is actions like these that kept a lot of things from extinction.

So, again if you happen to have any Macs lying around your house and you are thinking of dumping it somewhere, do tell me about it. I'll try to give it a new life in a new home. Thanks.

About this entry