Mesra, Cepat dan Betul

I went to meet Neet yesterday to have dinner at Domino's in Ampang Point. Since it was rush hour we drove along the jalan dalam through Dato' Keramat to Jalan Jelatek instead of the normal route, via Jalan Tun Razak - Jalan Ampang - Jalan Jelatek. So while I was waiting for the traffic light into Jalan Jelatek something banged into my Chevy. I was like, what the hell and looked behind to see a middle aged Indian guy on a motorbike. Instinctively I stepped out of the Chevy but before I managed to do just that, he speed off on his motorcycle. Thank God for the vigilante eyes of Neet; she managed to get that fella's plate number, BJJ 3630.

Okay, the orange thing in the middle is Jelatek LRT. The road parallel to it is Jalan Jelatek. I was on the road at the junction in the middle there, a lil bit to the left, under those shady trees.

It wasn't anything major but that fella did caused a foot long dent on the Chevy around the area where the fuel tank should be. Anyway, the light turned green so I got back into the Chevy and drove to Ampang nonetheless. Abah told me to go and lodge a report at the police station so I went to one in Pekan Ampang only to know that it was outside their jurisdiction; the accident was in KL, Ampang is Selangor. Nevertheless, they kindly told me to go to Balai Jalan Bandar and lodge a report there. Cool, where's Jalan Bandar?

I made several phone calls and all told me to look for it around the Klang Bus Stand area, or somewhere around Petaling Street. Hurmm.. Okay, so from Ampang I masuk Tun Razak into Kampung Baru then through Chow Kit to Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman straight until Dataran Merdeka, took the left turn to Puduraya before taking the right along Jalan Petaling and made a wild guess into Jalan Tun H.S. Lee. Guess what, there it was but hey, this is Jalan Tun H.S. Lee not Jalan Bandar? What the hell.. that's another mystery of KL. I remember Bono sang a song about a place where the streets have no name..

So I went into the complaint lobby waited for my turn and typed a report on the ancient computer. It sadden me to see the guy next to me figuring out how to use a mouse.. Well, after typing all the stories I thought I can finally go back since it was like, 9 o'clock already then. Sadly, the officer told me to take the report up the first floor and see a Sarjan Aisyah at the Bahagian Siasatan. Reluctantly, I did what he say..

I sat on the plastic chair overlooking Wisma Tun Sambanthan while waiting for my turn to meet this Aisyah person. Before me are two other guys so I patiently waited.. They work according to team and they are open 24 hours and that day, the team on duty was the A-Team.. Oh, I hope I get to see Mr. T in there. Anyway, since Sarjan Aisyah is a lady cop, she should be nice like that JPJ woman who tested me last year. Well, wrong. I don't want to go into details but just for the record, I don't ever want to be interrogated by cops ever. I thought since I was innocent they would be very nice with me but it turned out I was rather guilty until proven innocent and they started asking me some very tough question before we all go down to get a look at the car. I can see that Sarjan Aisyah wasn't really impressed at the damage on my Chevy and told me to either wait there for the cameraman who was away somewhere.. and yes, there's only one cameraman on duty so go figure. I decided to chow and come back for the photo shoot on the next day..

So what is the moral of this story? I learnt that any accident big or small is a hassle. I learnt how boring it is to go through all the red tapes and bureaucracy and at the end of the day, cops are cops, man or woman and you are guilty until proven innocent. Mesra? Nope.. Cepat? Nope.. Betul? I sure hope so.

Labels:


About this entry