The new Fiat Punto

I love Fiat Punto and I can trace back that love way back several years ago when I first saw them on the road. Why? Well.. I dunno, I guess I like the way the car looks.. Comel! Haha.. Well, most of the cars I dream of owning are mostly selected purely on the form factor.. which some people might detest. Still, I wouldn't want to be seen driving an ugly car no matter how powerful it is.

Well, that's back when I haven't got my license yet. After one year of driving, I now appreciate more the need for power in automobiles as well as fuel economy. I understood that to most people, a car is a tool for them to get from A to B and not as something particularly fun. In other words, most people by cars because they need to, only some people are lucky enough to buy expensive cars just because they want to.

This year I'm lucky to have two friends who both drive a Punto to college; Keisha and Naomi. Both of them own the Nouva Punto (Mark 2), the kind you normally see on the road. Well, though both seemed happy with their cars, I albeit being a passenger somehow felt quite unsatisfied with the power of the car since I really felt like Mak's Chevy is more powerful. Well, it's sad I didn't have the chance to be on the driver's seat to fully comprehend the car. Nevertheless, based on the experience Fiat Punto went a few notches down on my list.. It's just not for me I guess.

Anyway, a few days ago while I was at Ikano with Neet I saw something that really really amaze me: The new Fiat Punto.



Wow wow wow.. Isn't she a beauty? Gone were the round egg shape of the old Punto, replaced with a sleeker, slimmer look resembling a Chevy Optra 5 with a front end that reminds me of a Maserati. By the way, the picture above is taken from Wikipedia since I didn't tug along my camera at that time. The only difference between the one at Ikano and the one up there is the former is a a 4 door model and the latter is a 3 door. The interior is modified, stripping away all the wavy-curvy look of the previous model in place for a new black spartan, minimalist interior and what seems to be AMT transmission (Just for the record, I would love an auto car more than a manual, looking at the area I usually drive). Wow, what more could I ask?

Well, there are actually. First is how much is the car since they didn't put a price tag on it and the seller look at me as if I don't have any money and didn't bother to layan me anyway. Couldn't blame him though, I don't really have any money. Haha.. Well, I don't expect to get this car my millionaire friends. I'm quite happy sharing the Chevy with Mak for the meanwhile.. but hey, my birthday is in December so if any one of you millionaires want to make me really happy, the Fiat Punto should be a safe bet. Hahaha..

About this entry