Sorry, we don't have your size

I've been thinking hard of what I want to post to this blog. It's not that I've been doing nothing, no.. I've been doing a whole lot of things but at the end of the day, I see nothing worth writing about them. Writer's block? Not again.. Huhu

Anyway, yesterday I went to KLIA with Mak and Abah to pickup Kakak Hanan. She's currently having her summer break from her university in Moscow. It's nice seeing her back again after a year though her first comment about me is about how fat I am.. Ah, the usual.

Talking about fat reminds me about Aieza's posting I just read from her blog.
There is one thing I hate about living in Malaysia – all of the shops think that all women come in one size (I’m going to leave men out of this since they have baggy jeans). I don’t know if they (the ones who sell clothes) are unaware or just being ignorant. I seriously feel that they could make more money by selling clothes for ‘everyone’…not just for the skinny ones.
Well Aieza, guys went through that a lot too though you rarely hear about them. I wonder why. Hurm...

Anyway, a few weeks back Neet and I went shopping for jeans at Levi's and asked them wether they have a size 38 for 512 or 501. If you didn't know, sizes above 36 are only available in 512 and 501 cutting. Sadly though, not many shops took the trouble to order these 'plus sizes' into their inventory and the Levi's I went to is one of them.. Ho humm. Nevermind, there's always other shops innit?

Next Neet suggested me to go to TopMan since his brother bought a nice pair of jeans there. Well, I've been to TopMan a few times and I don't really think they have anything my size but what the hell.. I went to the jeans aisle and flipped through a few, looking at the sizes.. 30, 32, 29, 32, 30... when the shop guy came to me and asked..
TopMan man: Yes, can I help you?

Me: Yeah, do you have a size 38?

TopMan man: Oh, I'm sorry sir but our biggest is size 36.

Me: Oh, okay then. Thanks..

TopMan man: Oh wait, we do have one size 38. They must've shipped it here by mistake.
Okay, now that pissed me off. If he said that size 36 is their biggest, it's okay.. I understand. But from what I he told me I came to understand that TopMan does have bigger sizes than what them people are selling. The problem is that they don't bother ordering them so much that you are amazed when I size 38 was shipped to them by mistake. What the hell is wrong for them to have bigger sizes? Jatuh standard is it? Sheesh..

I'm never going to TopMan again, even if I wake us tomorrow with half of my weight magically missing. Bigots.

About this entry