iCantWait

Okay, okay.. the tittle maybe a bit on the cliché side but what do I care when there's a more importing to anticipate! The leopard is coming! The leopard is coming!

Okay, sorry. I had a geek out moment just now. Anyway, for those clueless about this post tomorrow the latest and greatest update of the oh-so-wonderful Mac OS X is coming out, Mac OS X 10.5 also known as Leopard. Why Leopard? Well, it's apart of Apple's naming convention for its OS. 10.0 was Cheetah, 10.1 was Puma, 10.2 was Jaguar, 10.3 was Panther, 10.4 which I am currently using is Tiger. Make sense? No right? But it's sorta cool. I bet 10.6 is going to be Ochin. Haha!

They're having a launch party at big Apple retailers in Malaysia. Yes, a party for the launch of an operating system.. geeky right? Anyway, I'm not really sure whether I'll be there fighting for a copy of the installation DVD since, well.. it's kind of expensive you know?

We'll just have to wait and see whether my geekyness and nerdery would overcome my common sense tomorrow evening.

Update (27 October 2007, 12:08 AM)

Well, I just came back from Pavillion. Had dinner at Subway on front of BB Plaza and I was at EpiCenter Pavillion just on time for the countdown. Yes, they did a countdown. Hahah.

Anyway, yeah.. I was there. There's quite a number of people there already before me so the store was a bit overcrowded. So did I purchased it? No. Why? Well, it costs RM 509 which is not quite a lot (refer to the article above) but that's not really the reason though, I could've bought it anyway. I was kindof pissed off at the shop person there, well.. at least one guy but he managed to get me walking out the store. Why? It's the typical arrogant Apple store attitude.

They kind of have a presentation back there at their theater room and this guy was inviting everyone to it and when he got in front of me, he looked at me, said 'Err..', and went on to invite the Caucasian fella next to me instead. What more should I do than smile and walk away. I know I'm not worthy.. Might as well spent my money at Barry's shop at the Curve. At least there they know how to appreciate customers.

I really don't get it with them people and their attitude. It's not the first time I've been given second class treatment at Apple retailers. I really thought that EpiCenter being a well established brand would be much better than MacAsia. I bought my Mac at OU MacAsia and they promised me it would be available within a week. So I waited. I only got it 3 weeks later. Still okay. My friend ordered a MacBook there and somehow the fella mistakenly ordered the wrong model and did little to even apologize. He then later went to ask about this expensive Mac Pro model and when he asked the price, the guy just laughed at his face. How do you expect people to switch to the Apple platform if the people selling it have a severe acute attitude problem?

What is it are you guys looking for at us customers? Do you judge a person by our dress? Is it our looks? Is it the brand of shoe we wear? Really.. I need to know. Treat everyone nicely please.. Is that too much to ask? A happy customer is a customer who would return to your store and he would promote your store to his peers. And that's what I'm about to do.

To anyone who want to get a Mac, be it iMac, Mac mini, Mac Pro, Macbook, Macbook Pro, Xserve, iPod classic, iPod touch, iPod nano, iPod shuffle and whatever it is, head down to the Curve and go to the topmost floor of the Circle. There's a Apple store there, Ascend Zone. Go and get it there. They also do repair in house so your Mac isn't going to some strange wearhouse for repair. My PowerBook have been repaired there twice and they also brought life back to my iMac. Barry is the man!

About this entry