15

NZ Bawah

A year and a half ago. Ever since I bought that Nikon in February last year this is my personal best. And I am very annoyed.. I haven't been that much satisfied with my work. It's true what people say.. Owning a Nikon doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a Nikon owner. It's true with everything else.. Owning a Ferrari doesn't make you a race driver. I makes you a lucky rich sonafabitch.

I've been holding the urge of posting this photo on the web because I think it doesn't belong here. It deserve to be printed on some glossy paper, published in some magazine and admired by many many people. That is Ego 101 folks. Nonetheless, though I have sent many photos to many magazines for their whatever column.. none made it to the press, which I somehow understand since I'm not that good.

Tonight I am thinking of sending this particular photo off to try and make me proud. Yet the thought of finding something that you see as an achievement failing to do what you expect it to do is very much unbearable. It's like telling everyone that you've been banged from behind only to find them calling you a liar. Oh wait.. wrong example.

Anyway, yeah.. looking back at how things are, and trying to think as a realist, I'm trying not to care about what people think. I dig photography for self-satisfaction. As long as I'm not satisfied, no one can make me think otherwise. This, is Self Esteem. It doesn't work without the self.

About this entry