Ismail, The Last Days


I went to KLPac yesterday with Am to catch the Ismail, The Last Days theater. This is my first Joe Hasham show and the fact that this is a rather serious musical about a prominent politician, I don't really know what to expect.

Anyway, I don't actually know a lot about Tun Dr. Ismail to begin with other than the fact that he is Tun Razak's deputy and TTDI (and TTDI Jaya for that matter) is named after him. Don't blame me (okay, blame me) but seriously, how many Malaysian know anything about Tun Ismail? We didn't learn about him back in school when we were studying Sejarah. We learnt about Temenggung Jugah anak Barieng, Tun Fuad Stephens, E.E.C Thuraisingam.. but not Tun Dr. Ismail.

Perhaps it does have something to do with our fear of talking about things concerning 13 May. Why it happened, Where did it started, What really did happened and How did it happen. Maybe we just know when it happened. Maybe I need to read more.

Okay, I don't think just because I saw one production on one man I have the right to justify and judge him. The theater on the other hand is a tad mature-ish. It would be nice if you enjoy musicals (did I mention it was a musical?) or if you really want to know more about the history of our country. Teenagers and kids.. hurmm.. I'm not so sure..

Anyway, I would like to congratulate Joe Hasham and team for the production, regardless of what people say about you. You've been in Malaysia longer than I have. 

So come on people tunggu apa lagi? Check it out.

For more info about the play. Click here.

About this entry