Room

I'm standing in the middle of my room in Rawang, looking around for things to pack to bring back to Sri Kembangan. I always have this itsy-bitsy feeling everytime a new semester starts.

I am flipping through the list of things I'm studying this semester. Documentary Workshop, Documentary Theory, Media Ethics and Consumers, Audience, Publics and Users. I don't know what the last class is about but it sure sound enlightening. Oh well, I had fun with Music Video and Advertising last semester so I guess studying Documentaries should balance the karma. I'm still thinking of what to shoot this time around.. 

*

On the other hand, I direly miss my room in Sri Kembangan. Somehow it felt more personal to me than this room here in Rawang. It is sorta like the attachment I have with my bed area (we call it corner) back in College. My College friends can surely verify how much I love my corner. Why? I don't know. Maybe because this room here I share it with Arif (eventhough he rarely sleeps in here; there's only one bed).


The extend of my corner is from the small table on the far left, where I put my alarm clock and the book I was reading at that time, all the way to the couch. Might not seem like much now but roughly, it was larger than the dorm prefect's cubicle (read: room). Things change in a weekly basis. One day, the warden would ask me to move the couch back to the Common Room. A few hours later I would take it back. The wooden locker would be eventually replaced by a much bigger, metal one towards the end of my stay. And oh, about the colour scheme. Sulaiman House, red colour. Notice the flag?

*

One thing that is messing my mind is this. I love to decorate. I even though of studying Interior Design or Architecture after SPM. The problem is that I have only 16 months left in that house. I was thinking of staying though, maybe if I can get a work at Astro after I grad but  a few days back the landlady called me saying that she is considering to sell the house after my contract runs out.

A part of me is telling me to just do it, 16 months is a long time. Another part of me is telling to leave it be, lets not waste money etc. I don't know which side I should listen to.

Hurmmm..

About this entry