On Russian cameras




1-8 November 2008
Serdang, Ampang, Bukit Bintang

*

I'm currently in love with film more than pixels. It's probably one of those flavour of the week thing. I haven't developed the Sensia roll and now I'm in the middle of an expired Elitechrome 100. Probably gonna develop both together. Economically wiser.

Anyway, I am also currently in love with Russian or more appropriately Soviet cameras. Love em though I haven't touched any. It's probably the classic spartan styling of the Iron Curtain in contrast of the more friendly Japanese designs. Hell, it might be that LC-A's halo effect, I don't know..


Cantik kan? Even the names of these cameras sound interesting: Zorki, FED, Lubitel, Zenit.. It's like Charles Manson compared to the Japanese Takeshi Kaneshiro, whoever that is.

I'll probably grab one while my sister is still in Moscow. Her friend bought that still working Zenit EM up there for merely 1000 rubles, roughly around RM 130. A few days back I found one of these in Ampang. The apek is selling it for RM 780. Isn't capitalism sweet?

So, what next? As silly as it might sound, I'll probably venture into processing my own films next. Been reading a lot about the process and I do think it's feasible albeit a tad on the expensive side. At least once la, I want to experience that before its gone for good.

 So yeah... 

About this entry