About today and tomorrow

Who invented high heels and to what purpose?

*

31st December 2008. What do I think about 2008?

Personally my memories of the years after 2005 are somewhat blurry, murky and macam kau makan nasi campur, kau letak kuah kurma, kari ayam dengan kuah hitam, kau gaul-gaul. Macam tu la lebih kurang.

I can't really tell where one ends and where one begins.

It wasn't always like this. Back in school the difference in years are clearly defined. There's a stopgap, the cuti panjang. And when you start your new school year, it's quite different from the last year's. New clothes, new bag, new shoes, new classes, new classmates, new social status.

Now it's just about the same. 2006 going into 2007 was during my semester break and there wasn't much of a difference. 2007 into 2008 was during my time working with Hans Isaac. 31st December I was doing a TV promo for his film, 2nd January I was working on that very same thing. 2007 going into 2008? Here I am in this office. Working. Nothing will change by the time its 2009.

So yeah.. kan?

Still, 2008 is a trying year la. A lot of depressing and bad things. I'm still confused, don't know where I'm heading and quite at loss about my future. It's still kindof too early to be having midlife crisis kan? If this is midlife crisis, does that mean that I'm going six feet under by I'm 40?

On a more wider scope, yeah.. 2008 is kind of bad too many people I guess. Still, there are things that I'm still thankful for and enjoy.. like my trip to Moscow and St. Petersburg. After Red Alert I've been dying to go to Russia and I can tick that off my list. Thank you Kakak Hanan. Maybe I'll save some moolah to see you grad. Maybe.

Well, I'm kinda hoping that 2009 will be the best year evar but that means a not so interesting 2010 and after. I've been reading Cepe's latest posting about the Palestine-Israeli thing and I'm getting more and more depressed. What is it that this world need to be better?

So here's one thing I hope to see in 2009. A Blink-182 reunion.

Yeah, that's all.

Happy Holidays people. Especially you, who will be stuck in a quite epic jam. And you who will be covered by your friend's drunken puke later tonight. And especially to you, you over there, who will be working your ass off while the whole world party stupid. I salute you. Tomorrow is just another day.

Tomorrow is just another day.

About this entry