29

I was talking to myself when they knocked down my door. I dared not look at them and me myself that I was talking to just now was telling me not to. My sight was on the dusty wooden floor as the man walked towards me. The sunlight through the window painted the silhouette of his gun onto floor, like a photo I've seen before.

Look at me, he said. Look at what have you done.

He draw his gun closer to my face. I've smelled that stinking metallic smell before, just a few months before. The circumstances were different then, the gun was in my hand. The trigger I pulled, the bullet it went. The man's scared face is still fresh in my mind. For someone so powerful, he was but like all of us when the shiny metal shard pierced right through his right eyes. Through his glasses, popped his eyes and all the way through his brain.

It was in a way, funny.

A few more men surrounded me in the corner of my small apartment. What have I done to deserve this? All the while my eyes were still staring at the floor, the textures on them are beautiful as any poems could be. I should've noticed this before. Oh the serenity..

Click, click, click.. the sound of banging metals broke the silence.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. In my mind, I saw her waiting for me. Her striking red dress, her big round eyes and that beautiful smile.. was it all worth it?

Was it all worth it?

I opened my eyes for one last time. I took a good look at those barrels pointed at my face. I smiled.

I won't go down like him. I'm nothing like him.

I am nothing like you. That was it, my famous last words.

Bang, bang, bang...

About this entry