37

I met Bob Dylan yesterday. He was sitting down some street corner, singing to songs I have never heard before. It felt like a dream. After a few beautiful song, he gulped down a bottle of fine fine water and walked away.

I forgot to say hi. Hi Mr. Dylan. Thank you.

I kept walking down that lonely street, looking for a sign to tell me what it's called. I have a thing for street names for those few alphabets put together can tell a mighty fine story a thousand thousand words could not describe.

Semalam di Doraisamy.

Ketika hujan turun di Lebuh Ampang.

Penat lelah di Lorong Pinang.

Cinta biru di Walter Grenier..

Tiang-tiang Kewajipan.

I could go on and on. I'm that sort of person. Maybe next time I see Mr. Dylan I'll ask him what he thinks. Maybe we can be friends.

As I stroll slowly down the dirty sidewalk, I realize how quiet everything is. To my left and to my right there's no right minded people in sight. As the fog approaching thickens, my mind did its thinking; this could all be just a dream.

In the distance a silhouette emerged, like a femme fatale from a new wave or film noir movie I've seen in school. It looks too real to be fake though the circumstances were absurd. I stood my ground. She approaches. Closer. Closer still. Closer until she was right in front of me. Her tresses were a shade of vermillion, maybe a tad darker. This was probably fake I wonder. Nature wouldn't be that daring to crown a soul with such angry hue. As my mind wonders examining, my mouth opens and begin pouring words out of it like that tap I left running a week ago.

Are you real, I asked.

She looked at me straight into my eyes and whispered, no.. I am not. Stop thinking about me and you'll be fine. There are more things even more real in your life, start thinking about those.

And so, she disappeared back the way she came and with her, the fog recedes and the sun made its way from behind the clouds to shine down once more. I looked up to it and saw it smile down to me.

Hi. Are you real?

Keep on looking boy.

Where?

Somewhere over the rainbow perhaps. Such nice song couldn't lie could it?

Perhaps.

Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps.. I like that one too.

When I see you again I'll bring my iPod. Okay?

Sure. Have a sunny day ahead boy.

That would be up to you I reckon?

No, not really. I'm here for the trees. You've got everything on the palm of your hands. Use it.

And so I saw it climb higher and higher up into the sky. What a nice chap. 20 years and this is the first time I bother talking. Some things much change I think. I guess this is growing up.

I looked at the watch on my hand and it stretched it hands as if to give me a hug. Jealous at the straps I wonder, two strips of leather hugging my wrist. Your time will come. Don't worry. We both keep walking shall we? Me on the pavement and you on your fine strands of time.

But time is relative. It isn't real.

Well, he could be wrong you know.

You could be wrong.

That's what I'm saying.

After a few strides down that long, long road I reached upon a junction. To the left are those who see reality inside a dream and to the right a field of bright coloured possums on the tree of infinite possibilities. And so I must choose.

Bright coloured possums are cute though.. should I?

Hurry up, it's going to rain here soon. No one wants to be left alone in the rain.

Well, no one wants to be left out of the rain either though.

That's democracy if you ask me. An easy way out for those who can't reason.

Yeah, counting is easier isn't it? Give me 5 minutes more and I'll be on my way.

Can you hear that in the distance? The muezzin. God is Great. God is Great. So what's wrong with Tanri Uludur?

Maybe some things are just not meant to be changed. God is Awesome.

God is Über Awesome.

Amin brother. Amin. Oh well, my time is up. It's time to wake up.

But wait! Left or right my brother sir?

Neither, I'm going straight ahead.

About this entry