Don't point yer finger at me!

I read The Star newspaper this morning and stumbled apon an article entitled interestingly enough "Police often come under fire".. Well, I had to admit, it's a fine headline and my mind starts to wonder what it is about so I glanced at the subheadline, "Mohd Johari: Local authorities at fault too". Owh.. It's that blaming game again.


It seems that it is now a popular thing to blame other people here in Malaysia. First it was them politicians blaming women's dressing that caused them to be raped, women then blame men for not being able to constrain their sexual fiends and suggest them to be kasi-ed, then they went further and blamed a bunch of clouds for the flood and did you know what the cloud replied? It gives them yet another flood.

Well, I'm not saying that, "Hey, I agree with you cops". No, I don't agree but I don't see why you need to go to the presses just to blame other people. I admit some local authorities are not really doing their job and spend our money attending a 'seminar' at some uphill resort, but blaming people like that wouldn't make things any merrier. Imagine what the local authorities would say then? "We did our job, it's the police to blame". Yeeha!

So what should be the right thing to say then? Let's see.. how about, "Police admit lacks" and the subline would be "Local authorities and Police must work together". Wouldn't that be nice? In fact, kick out the headline altogether and make the subline as a headline, "Local authorities and Police must work together". Now, that's greatness.

Labels: , , ,


About this entry