Result sudah mari..

Just checked the mail and guess what the mailman brought today: my last semester result. I was expecting it weeks ago but hey, better late than never aite? (cliché folks..) So how well did I fare on the last semseter? 3.53.. Yup, three point five three. And how was the semester before? 3.67. Bummer!

Well, some might argue that 3.53 is good. Yes, I agree and it is just above my 3.50 target, but is that enough to be satisfied with? No, I'm not. How come it went from 3.67 to 3.53? Lets see:

Design Study: B- (3.00)
What can I say about this module? Well, I was too overconfident and I did underestimate the module. and my work wasn't really something to be proud of anyway. So, there goes one mistake: Ego.

Media Appreciation: A- (4.00)
This module basically is about the understanding of how the media works and how it came to be; its history. Well, this one I'm proud of because I admit I don't really enjoy the course but hey, I didn't cheat the exam (I don't know if anyone did, but I didn't) and though I don't remember everything, I tried to explain it with what I know. There's no space for rote studying in University right? Honesty and Self-believe.. add that to the winning formula.

Business Communication: B (3.33)
Business Communication teaches you on how paperork processes work in the office. I learnt how to make a press release, memorandums, newsletter and other in between. So why I didn't get an A? Well, again I didn't really enjoy the class and lack attention once in a while. Not to mention those few days which I ditched classes. So the lesson here is pay attention.

Professional Writing: B (3.33)
Professional Writing throw everything you've learnt in Sekolah Menegah into the bin. Did you know the format schools are teaching is no longer the current standard? Well, did you also know that those bombastic words school teachers encourage you to use in essays is mostly cliché? Do ou know what cliché is? How about redundancy? Haha.. Welcome to Professional Writing where less is more. I enjoy this class so much and Rose Chin reminds me of Miss Sherry. So what went wrong? Lack practice and I must admit, I'm still having problems with a common Malaysians error: The Subject-Verb Agreement. So you wonder why I have this blog? To practice.

Introduction to Advertising: A (4.00)
I love advertising class and I like Mr. Helmi's stories! Haha.. I must admit I am really fascinated by advertising and it helped me to more understand media that's being fed to me everyday. Curiosity might kill the cat, but it does wonder to human.

So there goes my brief analysis. Thanks to all that believe in me and to the sceptics and people who shun me for taking this course, think again. I'll be doing Broadcasting, Film and Television next week so wish me luck ya?

About this entry