Infamously famous

I was going through Live & Loud KL website just now. I noticed something strange about the text about Dionne Warwick. Why? Take a look for yourself.

Is it just me or is it that they use infamous incorrectly here? I'm not really sure but according to the dictionary, the meaning is.. urmm.. not really good.

well known for some bad quality or deed : an infamous war criminal.
• wicked; abominable : the medical council disqualified him for infamous misconduct.
• historical Law (of a person) deprived of all or some citizens' rights as a consequence of conviction for a serious crime.
I might not have perfect knowledge of English grammar myself (as you obviously can tell) but for something as big and international as a concert hailed according to the website as 'The largest, most sensational and longest-running music festival in Asia', they should really work harder on proofreading.

For those interested to know more about Live & Loud KL 2007, click here.

About this entry