At Juara Lagu thing

After Butet's wedding I rushed back to KL to pick Neet up to go to Bukit Jalil for the Anugerah Juara Lagu. She got a free ticket so I guess what the hell eventhough I don't normally watch the show on TV pun sebenarnya. I take a look at the tickets and it says there 'Platinum'. I was like, Wow.. Platinum... This sure is going to be nice.

So then we both walked to Stadium Putra. The last time I've been here was a few years back while on the way to Astro. Before that, it was 1998 Commonwealth Games. The place looked sad.. Anyway, when we got to the venue there was already a helluva crowd waiting outside and even more people lining up at the 'Purple Carpet', to catch a glimpse of their favorite celebrity. Neet and I? Not our thing la.. We went straight to the Platinum line which happened to be next to the Purple Carpet and the VIP entrance. I kindof have a feeling that it'll be great, especially looking at other people with non-Platinum tickets entering from the sides. My hubris went up a few notches.. up until I actually got into the stadium. Here is the view from my seat.



Haha.. Cantik la sangat. This is the first time I've been inside the stadium. The seats to the right, closer a bit to the stage is reserved for MyTV3 people. To my left, the central seating are for VIPs and those on the floor are either very well known or filthy rich.

Talking about seats, I kindof have the feeling that the people who built this stadium sacrificed a lot on comfort and ergonomics just to cramp in as many seats as they could and claim the stadium as probably something like the World's highest capacity indoor arena or so. Typical Malaysian. I mean, for Neet I guess it was okay since she's very much petite but to a big guy like me and probably hundred others, I was a nightmare for our pelvic and back. Seriously. I know it's a stadium not a cinema or theater but at least have mercy on the audience.

Next thing I wanna bitch about is the fact that the whole show was very much TV-centric. I know that is where the real money and more people are but at least give la the people at the stadium a bit more acknowledgement. Do talk to us during the commercial breaks or something instead of sending 2 unknown people on stage to talk crap. On top of that, I believe people at home get to see the performance better than I did. Why? See the big screen in the picture above? I though it was supposed to show a close up on the singers and all that when they are performing for our benefit but to my dismay, they wasted the huge screen real estate just to display iTunes-esque graphics and pseudo-visualization of the music. Crap. Yes I know we get to see the show in person and 10 second earlier than those people at home but if Siti Nurhaliza looks like a kerengga, I think it would be so much better to watch it at home.

Overall, it was nice. The atmosphere, it's a good experience la and I thank Neet so very much for getting those tickets. I just felt like the audience in the hall are mere tukang sorak for the management. Then again, that is what I think lah. Were you there? What do you think about it?

About this entry