E!








Yay!

Got my Zenit E yesterday morning after quite a few weeks of waiting. Bought it from eBay for about RM70. Shipping costs me another RM70. The guy said he was shipping it from Russia but the parcel was actually from Crimea, Ukraine.

Crimea have always been a subject of my curiosity. It sounds like Crime. Maybe that's where the mobs are.

Anyway, tested the thing last night. Everything seems to be working clickity-clang. Haven't taken any photos with it yet, maybe later today.

This thing is huge, and heavy. I found a website reviewing these Zenits and I really love to quote what he said:

It is the big metal box that just won’t quit. You can use it to derail trains and takes shots of it afterwards.

Bad ass. Bent as the Soviet sickle and as hard as the hammer that crosses it.

So yeah. But why this 30 year old camera from a brand unheard of? Antiques notwithstanding, why not an old Nikon or Canon? A Zeiss Ikon? A Leica?

Well, I'm cheap.

But I love films and no old camera managed to struck my interest apart from this Zenit. It's like you know, young people buying old Camaro and Mustang rather than the brand new Kia? Yeah, kindof like that.

No, that's a bad analogy. Zenit ain't no Camaro. It's more of a Lada. Ah well..

See la later I take photos with this thing. Rajin-rajin I upload.

Oh, by the way Amir Arif Azmi. I took the photos up there with your brand new Canon. Boo hoo.. I get to snap it first.

Haha.

 

About this entry