Oui, Non, Graçias

I think I have a bad karma. As you know my ordeal with the hospital right? That's one. Then last night my James Bond featured, Siti Nurhaliza sponsored SonyEricsson phone went crazy. I can still use it but the # key is non responding. Worse yet, it did respond when I didn't click on it.. Shit. How did that happened?

Anyway, last week I went to watch Mr. Bean's Holiday with Neet at Times Square. Well, we were aiming at Mukhsin actually but we were a tad too late I guess, so Mr. Bean it was. To those who haven't got a clue, Rowan Atkinson stopped acting as Mr. Bean 10 years ago and this movie is his first performance since then. Rowan himself is 52 years old and if you look closely, you can see the aging in his face.

The movie, just like his previous movie was set outside of England and featured locations around France especially the area of southern France. It's rather weird actually to see Bean in an area much unlike his native England, wet and gloomy. Anyway, most of the jokes that are featured are pretty much the ones we grow up with. Honestly! At first I thought it was a blatant ripoff of the original series but at the end of every sketch, they managed to do a twist to freshen the joke.

At the end of the day, it feels to me that this movie is anything but new. It is more of a tribute to the hal witted Englishman character instead of a revival, to make people remember that this is they guy you grew up with and this is the joke you laughed so loud about back then. I'm not saying the story is not good. It's fun and enjoyable actually, but it failed at bringing you something new and rely much on the old recepies.

Well, I guess it must've been a very long time since I last laughed at Bean's jokes.. kids nowadays must've really enjoyed the movie very much. Go ahead and see the movie and tell me what you think of it.

Labels:


About this entry