Blood, doctors and brothers

Yesterday I went to Hospital Universiti to get a check up since I'm having an operation this Monday. You don't know about my operation? How could you! Sedih.. Well, basically I'm getting both my tonsils and adenoids removed. It's a simple operation actually, nothing major but yeah, it is still an operation and I'm scared.

I was at the hospital at 8.30 after navigating through the morning rush. After registering and all that, I was shown my bed in my ward which is a really really cold. How ironic. So then they told me to sign something and checked my weight and height. I am 173 cm tall. Guess how much I weigh. Haha.. then comes the scare part: blood test! Though I tak mabuk darah, I really really don't like the though and sight of some shiny, long and sharp thing piercing through my veins.. even the thought of it makes me irk! I remember back in Hospital Kuala Kangsar, them doctors there would cucuk you first and then they will look for your veins, not the other way around. Scary.. What would MacGyver do? Better yet, what did I do? Well, here's something I pick up after years of being poked by doctor in school: don't look at that bloody thing. I hand them my arm, lie down on my bed and face the other side, reading my Wired magazine. It works! You don't even feel that needle come in. Try it folks.

Oh yeah, did I mentioned that the person who cucuk me was a UM student? Yup, she's still in her final year and she took my blood like a pro plus she is also nice and friendly too. How great is that? Then after a while, she came back to my bed and ask for an interview about my problem. I was very happy to tell her every bit of the problem and we had a nice simple chat where she told me that she's going to choose ENT as her specialization. Oh, ENT stands for ear, nose and throat or in science, they call it Otorinolaringology. Damn, I wish all doctors are like that! Malaysian would be a happier people if all our doctors can be that kind and caring towards their patient. Oh wait, she's not even a doctor yet.. anyway, good luck Dr. Nik!

So today I went out with Alep, Syarel and Ayob and have a dinner and a little chat.. It was nice to know that you have friends that care for you especially in moments where you face a major obsticle in your path. Thank you guys! Wish me well ya?

About this entry