A lunch 200 kilometers away

What a day it was! Arif's semester break is over so mak and I drove him back to Kuala Kangsar. Well, he's having his PMR this year so Mak decided to pamper him a little bit this year.

Anyway, I drove all the way there with high enthusiasm since it was quite sometime since my last visit. This time around we made a deal with Mak that we will have lunch at Yutt Loy by whatever means, which he easily agreed. Thank God! Anyway, since we arrived at the royal town around 1 o'clock I figured that they're still serving breakfast so we first went to Lembah for some ice cold cendol pulut.. pergh! If only there's a word to describe the scrumptiousness of it!

Yutt Loy is Yutt Loy. Nothing changed other than the fact that the guy with the crooked feet is now wearing long pants instead of short.. mybe he noticed that people are actually looking at his leg sometimes. Anyway, for starters we had some chicken and beef paus which is undeniably delicious together with Kickapoos of course! I know this sound strange but Kickapoo never tastes as good as when you drink it at Yutt Loy. Honest!

So then came in the main course. I went for my favourite fried rice with eggs and since Arif is clueless as to what to order, I ordered the wantan hor while Mak went with a simple mee goreng. Undeniably, it was the best meal I had outside of home for a long time. Haha.. well, maybe I'm being over the edge but hey, we're talking about Yutt Loy here folks!

Needless to say, I went back home to Cyberjaya a happy and full man. Mr. Yutt Loy sir, please please do franchise!

About this entry