Busy busy busy

Been busy. Literally. So, what have I been up to recently?

Last week I had to do 2 presentation one after the other for my Journalism and Culture modules. I got to admit that I secretly love presentations though I tell everyone otherwise. So anyway, for my journalism I did on the topic of online radio versus traditional broadcast radio which I concluded the latter as the winner, mostly based on market penetration. Did you know that less than 50% of Malaysians have access to the Internet and less than 10% of that are on broadband? Haa.. Now you know.

For the culture presentation pulak I choose to present on prejudice, stereotype and otherization from a list of several topics. It's quite challenging actually considering all 3 are pretty much the same but once you understand the difference between them, it's pretty much straightforward. So what I understand is stereotype is the mindset where people perceive other people and culture and prejudice is the attitude you have towards that culture based on a stereotype. Otherization occurs when you have a prejudice towards a certain group of people and you see them as other from you in an inferior way. Anyway, I really got some great help from Eric Cartman and friends from the South Park series. See, I was watching South Park before doing the slides and I somehow realized that the series is full of stereotype, prejudice and otherization so I included the videos in my presentation. Based on the audience's reaction, I guess it's a success.

Ops, my Mac is low on battery. I'll continue later. Ciao

About this entry