Move!

Okay, here's the deal: I've moved from Cyberjaya. Hardly a fresh news I must say but that's among the reasons why I haven't been updating much recently. Now, why the heck would I want to move away from Cyberjaya you might ask? Let me tell you a story.

The apartment unit I used to stay in Cyberjaya's Cyberia Smarthomes cost RM 1000 a month which is a hefty sum indeed. It should be okay if you stay there with 3 or 4 friends but after a hard lesson is housemate hunting, I filtered my lists of candidates down to only one eligible candidate. That being said, I might as well kill myself rather than paying RM 500 a month for a house.

Cyberjaya is pretty much a ripoff if you ask me. The facilities here stinks man! An easy example, the restaurants here charge people exorbitantly just because there's a lot of international students here. Imagine paying RM 0.40 for a glass of plain water.. yeah, I know. The neighbourhood itself is not that appealing to me. What's the advantage of having Dell and Fujitsu to a student like me is beyond my mind. I dunno.. I just don't see my money's worth staying in Cyberjaya so I moved.

Now, what about this Equine Park then? What's so great about it? Well, for one the house I live in now costs me only RM 500 a month. I live with just one other guy, my housemate Zul. Yeah, I know it sounds quite strange two guys in a house but I intend to keep it that way. The most I could think of is just one other guy. Nothing more.. I don't want to go through all those trouble again. It's not that far from college too, roughly around 10 kilometers at most. It kindof reminds me of Puchong, just without the tolls.

I must admit that my current place is quite a downgrade from Cyberia; it doesn't even have lifts. Nevertheless, the area is much better than Cyberjaya. Just around the corner of my house is shoplot ranging from clinics, 24 hour mamaks, tom yam restaurants, a 7 Eleven as well as hardware shops. Next to it is a 24 hour drivethru McDonalds and if that is not enough, you might as well go a few hundred meters more to the Equine Park Jaya Jusco. Haha.. Now, that's is what I call a neighbourhood.

So anyway, I've just been at the new place for about a month and I'm still settling down. My Internet connection should be online in a few days so I guess I'll be blogging more after that la. Cheers people.

About this entry