Bashir

Kawan aku Bashir call aku semalam, nak tempat mengadu katanya. Aku tanya kenapa. Dia mula bercerita.

B: Aku benci la bro..
S: Kenapa?
B: Boss aku la.. time aku buat kerja bukan main bro, you're my best employee! You are champion la brother! You this, you that. Kau tau time pay dia kata apa?
S: Let me guess, you're a student? I hear that oh so often.
B: Yeap.. me too. I should've believe it when I hear it la.
S: Still, you have to go through it to experience it bro. Sejak bila kita dengar cakap orang?
B: Yeah.. true also.
S: So how? You tore the check and cabut lari?
B: Don't be stupid la Hadi. Apa aku dapat macam tu?
S: Kepuasan.. sementara. Haha..
B: Hurm.. Tah la bro, still money though. I'm still working for that shit la.. for my rep.
S: Nevermind bro, they fuck you now and they'll forget. In 5 years surely you fuck them back.

Somehow through the wires I hear Bashir's face muscle contorting into a smile. Aku pun senyum; aku teringat my good friend once said:

To those about to skate, I salute you. When you jatuh tergolek, I laugh at you.

So very true. People always back you up when you are doing well, when they need you. When you are going down, the same person can be so different.

It's a wicked world that live in. It's true.

I bid Bashir goodbye and wish him all the luck in the world. He already got the effort.

By the way, BTW.

About this entry