The Value of My Sanity

I went to the Annexe yesterday with Neet for the preview of Goat Film's short movie, The Value of My Sanity.


I knew about this project thru' Hariri as well as a few mentions of it in a few things I read about Yuna. Well.. that's about it la for me. I didn't really follow the development of the project nor did I watch any of the trailers until a few days back.

So anyway, I did the online reservation to get me a pair of seats only to find out that there was only one left.. I was one of the last few people la. Thankfully for me yet unfortunately for her, Abir couldn't come because of a kenduri so I (politely) asked for her seat which she, in turn (politely) offered it to me. Yeeha.. Thanks again ya?

So okay.. what do I think about the film? Well.. coming from the tongue of someone oblivious about the project, I was very much impressed with the cinematography. The camera movements are nice, smooth and well motivated. I wonder if they really shoot in film, considering the grainyness of the picture. My only pet peeves is probably that revealed boom mike, visible in that shot towards the end. Was it on purpose?

Well, though I do have a few things on my mind I don't think it is fit for someone on my level to write out loud about other people's work. In a nutshell, I find the story a bit too English for my liking, particularly because it is a story about an average, ordinary Malaysian joe. The overall story could be improve I believe.. since all things can be improve right? It is kind of a little too short you know.. Oh well.. It is a short movie after all.

Then after the screening, we were entertained by 3 very talented Malaysian musicians who have contributed their music for the film; Otam, Estrella and Yuna. Each of them sang 3 songs, except for Yuna who was asked to do an encore. I've listened to Yuna perform live before but it was the first time I listened to Estrella live as well as my first time listening to Otam.

Otam dengan lagu perlancongannya

Estrella dengan gadis mencuri lampu limau

Ini pula Yuna

So, anyway.. yeah. That was about it la actually. Nothing much.. just a peaceful gathering of people to see some movies and listen to some music. Congratulations to Goat Films by the way.. and of course, thanks again to Hariri and Abir.


p/s: In case you haven't noticed, I'm having a bad English day. It may have something to do with the Merdeka thing. Heh.. as it.

About this entry