Benci?

Yeah, okay.. whatever.

*

I don't have any classes yesterday but I was around college at noon for a group discussion for journalism case study. Specifically? Define the ethics in this particular news article on the case of a pedophile. Sounds easy but I have to read Kant, Aristotle and a little Plato and some other guys to answer it. Oh well.

Anyway, my discussting friends were already there by the time I got there and before working we started the customary gossiping session about this and that.. tengah-tengah bulan puasa. Suddenly this one friend of mine said that I have a question that I need to answer, and answer truthfully (like yeah..). I said, okay.. what?

Kau benci aku ke Hadi?

Naturally I laughed, the best defense mechanism while my brain is digging for the best answer. Hahahaha.. then I looked at this friend.. who started to cry. Oh..

*

Where do you draw the line between being mean as in friendly mean and really mean? I don't know.. I've been telling people that unless I stop talking to them or avoid them, I don't hate them. Why? Because the last time anyone truly hated and despised me they did roughly the same thing, and naturally I replied as such. Lacking originality.. Anyway... yeah, friends can be mean sometimes but that's kindof what makes friendship interesting kan? Boyfriend and girlfriend pun selalu main buli-buli kan? Kawan apa tah lagi, as the old English adage goes:

Tempat jatuh lagi dikenang, inikan pula tempat bermain.

Many most of the friends that I really spend time with are those who I've known for almost a decade now, spending half of that time really really together. Maybe I brought that sort of friendly mingling to these friends that I only get to know for about 3, 4 years and only getting to see each other occasionally. Yeah.. maybe that.

I don't know why I'm quite shocked at that question. Maybe it's that sick feeling of being hated.. maybe I've never faced such a question before or maybe I'm plain scared that there are many more friends that felt the same way towards me. Whatever it is I guess there are a few thing I need to really take a look into. This is a wake up call I guess..

Hurmmm...

*

Sorry. 

About this entry