What does being a fan means?

He put the ball on the pitch, step back a few step and he kicks the ball and away that ball went.. away, away and away.. into the keeper's clutches. Bolehland lost again...

Well, I haven't watched any football match for a long time and perhaps the last football match I went to was the one we had in MCKK two years ago. Man, I miss those days when we would stand by the field in our shirts and our banner flying high fluttered by the Kuala Kangsar wind. I can't quite understand that feeling actually being that I'm not quite your average footie fan; I am a kaki bangku who never gives a damn about the beautiful game.. but hey, if it's MCKK I swear I'm their number one fan.

I believe all Budak Koleq have had their share of tears at least once when College lost a match or faces a tough adversary, I know I did a couple of times.. especially during my later days of College life. I remember hiding my face behind the Sulaiman House flag during a footie match so my juniors behind me wouldn't see me and of course during the Vaji match.. I cried throught the entire lenght of the College anthem. Haziq would've remembered that. Well, I came to believe that if you can shed tears for a team during a match, you really are a die hard fan. I don't know about you, but that's what my take is on that matter.

So did I let my tears flow for Malaysia? No, but perhaps someday I will. Thinking about it I can't help but remember Chye's famous quote (which he quoted from someone else)..
What does being a fan means?
It means you'll never walk alone.

About this entry