No, I'm not from FELDA

Well, I'm at the library right now. My class is actually at 2 o'clock but I arrived here at 8 in the morning. How's that for enthusiasm? Haha.

Anyway, just now as I was entering this library the librarian asked for my Student Card. Recognizing it as a new procedure, I happily handed it to him and we had this conversation:

Librarian: Ni dari mana?

Me: Dari mana as in?

Librarian: You la dari mana. You FELDA ka?

Me: Nope! (Whata Fuck!?)

Well, Limkokwing is actually doing a Pro Bono work for FELDA where they take FELDA kids and give them a free education here. Before you start to think that they are doing a noble job, let me tell you this: They get tax break for doing this, just like you do charities la. Anyway, before this all the FELDA people have their classes at the PJ campus so we hardly get to see them here in Cyberjaya. But this semester, that old guy decided to close down the PJ campus so alll the FELDA guys are relocated here with us.

I'm not trying to be racist here, I can't be racist.. they are all Malays but I do have a little bit of elitist feeling brewing in me. With the FELDA people around here, all Malays are suddenly associated with them. Everywhere I go people would ask me the "Are you from FELDA" question. Heck, even the cabbie I took yesterday asked me that question. Fuck you all. I pay RM 10,000 per semester to study here. That's around RM 3,000 per month or a hundred bucks a day. Don't call me a FELDA guy, that really hurts my feeling..

Phew.. wow, that last paragraph was fun. Haha.. I felt much better already. Well, at least until the next time someone ask me that question again. FELDA guys, if you happen to be reading this, I hope you people use the opportunity given to you fully. Don't do stupid stuffs like merempit in front of this college. We carry the Malay race's dignity on our shoulder.. Let's kill the Melayu Kampung prejudice okay? It's time to move on people..

No, I'm not from FELDA. Thanks for asking.

About this entry