Of being in a crowd yet alone..

This is a scene of a Komuter ride and it begins in Shah Alam. Well, I haven't been on a train for a long while. I usually drive nowadays and it completely drowned my interest to walk and stand around just to get to somewhere. But then again, I guess I really miss the train ride.

As I waited for the train, I noticed that people'll do anything to entertain themselves as they waited for the train. I saw a guy listening to his handphone ringtone to keep himself preoccupied.. which would be a normal sight if not for the fact that his ringtones are monotonic. Further away, another man is killing time with puffs of cigarette while another was talking to a faraway friend on her handphone. Me? I plugged in my phone's measly 10 MP3s, observe and I write all this during the ride home. Everyone is doing something other than talking to each other. It is as if we are all alone eventhough we are not.. there is a crowd.

The train eventually stopped at the platform and I boarded it and sat on the sit nearest to the door. I've always love this seat.. It's just like your favourite sink at the school cafetaria and your favourite toilet cubicle. Anyway, the scene inside the train was just the same as it was on the platform: there is a crowd but everybody is alone. The Indian man across me stared at the mirror as if to catch a glimpse of his faraway home while the fella on the other end of the cabin is talking loudly on the phone as if he is alone. No one hardly talked and everyone has that sad, sorry and tired look on their face. There is a crowd but everyone is alone and sad.

I guess everyone just can't wait to get home.. maybe that is everything on their mind ofter a long day of work and the hectic life of the capital, managing the companies' capital or even making their own capital one way or the other.. Though I don't fit any of the desciption, trying to enjoy my 10 song tracks which had looped 4 times makes me their equal I guess.

This is a scene of a Komuter ride and it ends in Rawang. There is a crowd, there's you and me but we are all alone and sad. We just couldn't wait to get home...

Labels:


About this entry