Brave New World

Burp.. sedapnye makan jagung! Haha.. I'm at Rawang now, just came back from Cyberjaya since I ain't have any class today. Well.. this morning I was actually walking towards the bus stop to get the college to hang out with some friends and use the free Wi-Fi there but there were just too many people at the bus stop and all are killing each other to get onto the 428 bus. So, I decided to take the 429 bus instead to Putrajaya and have breakfast there..

Well, to make matter short, I end up on the E1 bus headed to KL Sentral and arrived there at 10 o'clock. I had breakfast at McDonald's and then I went to Kinokuniya in KLCC. I bought a new book, Huxley's Brave New World which is sortof like Orwell's 1984. The difference between the two books in the author's idea of what are the things that'll cause a dystopian future. Orwell believe that it is what we fear that'll destroy us while Huxley stated that it is the things we love that'll cause our demise (Postman N. 1986). No idea what I'm talking about? Get off that couch then, and grab a copy and read it!

Anyway, I'm not really thinking of reading serious books just yet; I haven't finished reading The Catcher in The Rye. I was sort of thinking of Mark Haddon's A Spot of Bother or Mitch Albom's new book which I can't remember the title. Anyway, since this fella haven't come out with a paperback yet I think I'll just have to stick with a Huxley's 75 years old book..

Read up folks, after all this is a brave new world isn't it?

About this entry