Farewell Tok Ngah

On a more sad an somber side of the day, Mak called me just now telling that she's on the way back to Penang with Abah. Apparently my Tok Ngah passed away. Innalillah..

Tok Ngah Man, or his real name, Hj. Osman bin Hj. Ahmad is the second child of Tuan Guru Haji Ahmad Tuan Hussein Kedah and Hjh. Sofiah bte. Lebai Chik. I don't remember how old he his, nor do I remember what disease he had been fighting all this while but I do remember Tok Ngah as being a very quiet person, warak and nice. I remember Tok Ngah as the most likely Imam every time I went to the surau, be it during a normal Solat Maghrib, Solat Tarawikh and even Solat Aidilfitri. That is my Tok Ngah and I would want to remember him that way.

Anyway, everytime I hear about this my thoughts turn towards Nyang, Hjh. Sofiah. She is almost 100 years old and she outlived all of her son-in-laws and now, she outlived one of her own son as well. What is it like for her to see her child grow up from the very first day and still be there to see him go to a better place? Most of us wouldn't even get to see our son have their grandson. I remeber the day my Tok Wan passed away, I remember Nyang as the one who cried the most..

To Tok Ngah's family and everyone back home in Pokok Sena, I'm sorry that I couldn't be there today.. My prayers are with you, Insyaallah.

Dear readers, Al-fatihah.

About this entry