I would walk.. would you?

..I would walk 500 miles
And I would walk 500 more
Just to be the man who walked 1000 miles
To fall down at your door..
Well, the lyrics were quite unappropriate for this posting but hell, thats the only song I could think of now that have anything to do with walking.

So what did this crazy bugger do that had to do with walking? Well, last week my friend Rasyiq did an astounding feat of human willpower by walking from MMU to Limkokwing and it took him a full hour to do so. I must admit, I'm impressed with you Rasyiq.

Anyway, yesterday I lepak at the library for a little too long and by the time I got out the college was somewhat deserted so I figure the bus would probably be late.. so I waited for it before an idea popped up: Hey, if Rasyiq can why can't I? Yes of course, I had the most briliant idea to walk all the way back from Limkokwing to Cyberia which is a few hundred meters more than Rasyiq's fanstastic voyage.

I started walking at 6.30 sharp using the long way.. which is something I regret since there's a short cut that could've cut 10 minutes off my trip but I kept on walking anyway. There's a lot of traffic at that time since all these people just finished work and are going back to their homes. The must've been really focusing on their destination since none noticed a peculiar fat kid walking all by himself in the middle of nowhere. I guess that happen when you drive.. Walking makes me realized there's a lot to see along the way which of course is just a blur when you're driving at 100 km/h.

To make a long walk short, I finally arrived at Cyberia exactly 1 hour and 15 minutes later at a distance of aproximately 6 kilometres. The whole trip by car? Less than 5 minutes. Yes, my friends said that I am crazy and some doesn't even belive that I did it but I did it for myself.. to prove to myself that I'm still capable of doing things as I had been able to do before. This isn't my first time walking long distance. The longest I ever did was back in Form 3 where I walk from just after Kuala Kangsar's toll plaza all the way to MCKK carrying a backpack on my back and two other bags on each of my hands. That trip took me 2 and a half hour. In KL, during Form 2 I walked from Pudu to KLCC.. but that is in the city, you don't really notice the distance.


Anyway, I really think I should do this thing more as an exercise. Compared to my MCKK days, I walked a lot less now. Isn't it guys? 3 years ago New Hostel to Fajar and back was easy right? So why should it be hard now?

About this entry