Buat kawan-kawan..

I blogged offline yesterday from my room and intended to post it today.. but when I read it back, there's something wrong with it.. it's like it doesn't have a soul like when I'm writing online. I wonder..

I just finished my Information Age class where we discussed on what really constitutes the term Information age. Really, really philosophical that class I have to admit but it is also my favourite together with Journalism. Anyway, in a nutshell we learnt that the notion Information Age is actually quite vague and can be contradicted.. People had been using information for years and years. Then why only now is the Information Age? That's the main arguement.

Anyway, this morning I woke up quite late actually. Walid was already up which quite amaze me since I rarely wake up later than him but hey, I'm happy for him. Keisha and Arif came to my house since she asked for me to help her with some of her work.. which I honestly admit that I did reluctant and half-heartedly. You should notice by now right Keisha? I'm sorry, but it's just not me you know, to do that kind of stuff.

It bothers me actually sometimes when I see my friends being idle and lazy.. to see my friends not going to class, to see them slack at assignments, to see them do a crappy work to send to their lecturers just for the sake of passing up. It really do bother me. How can they live like that? They argue that the tuition fees is expensive, they argue that the lecturers are not good enough and they argue that doing arts is better than science.. but still they slack. Betul, aku sedih. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I'm holier-than-thou or anything as such and by friends, I am also talking about all of my friends; budak Limkokwing, budak Koleq..

I admit I too didn't go to classes sometimes, but I always kept it in a way that it wouldn't ouweight the number of classes I went to. I hate being marked as being the lazy kid in class, as the one who slack at work, as the one who doesn't have commitment. I've been in that position in MCKK and I know how it felt like so I don't want to go through that again. I realized all this when I was watching Green Street Hooligans during my 1st semester where there was this scene when Elijah Wood was at Harvard and he looked at his Journalism assignment. On that report, his lecturer wrote this "This is a graduate material. Are you sure you haven't work before? Call me and I'll have you work for me". I paused the movie and I said to myself that I want to get something like that. I really really want to and so after that I worked hard for my assignments to get me to that point.

Come on guys, it's not that hard to go to class.. it's not hard to wake up in the morning.. Heck, you guys even drive to class while I took the bus. I waited an hour for a bus at that shimering hot bus stand. You guys can go anytime you want at the fraction of the time. So why not? Come on guys.. Let's move on ya?

About this entry