Treading on dangerous grounds

I just came back from MCOBA Building after some work at the Penthouse. It turned out Ja'e and Syahid as well as the rest of their batch is having a dinner at Mines so I was the only one there that's from my era while the rest was from Class of '97. Un was nice enough to pick me up at the Seputeh KTM station and I rode with his to MCOBA Building on his scooter. Man, I haven't been on a bike for a long long time.

Well, I'm officially a Fulkrum. Huh.. Fulkrum? Yup, it supposed to stand for Futsal Committee Under MCOBA or something but yeah, that what the Committee decides to call itself so I can do nothing but cool with it la. Afterall, I'm like the most junior person in the committee.

Well, it turned out that while we were working, there's also an usrah at the Penthouse attended by some very senior as well as my super seniors.. Un decided to use the penthouse's TV room to do our work and sort out the goodie bags and all as not to disturb the people outside. So there we are putting t-shirt after t-shirt in the goodie bag while one after another committee members came to lend their hand. Nothing sinister here folks, even the TV was not turned on. Hand in hand, the work was done quite fast considering the workload so I decided that it was about time for me to leave..

As I step out the TV room and walked towards the Penthouse door, I met this one Old Boy who happen to know me and vice versa. I politely walk towards him and shook his hand, very traditional.. but then he ushered me outside of the penthouse and we had a little conversation:
Old Boy: How many of you guys are in there?
Me: Six, Seven people.. buat kerja futsal.
Old Boy: Tadi kitorang sembahyang Isya' kenapa tak join?
Me: (Completely clueless) Er.. Owh, tak perasan la. Sorry.
Old Boy: Ai, enam tujuh orang semua tak perasan? Bukan main korang borak tadi. You better be careful bro.
So then I straight went down the elevator, speechless and utterly devastated. What was I to do? Dah betul tak perasan, tak kesah la even if there's one whole batch in that small room, we didn't notice. We were all doing work, none were playing. Yes of course we chat, but that's is normal isn't it, to chat while working? It's not like we were watching TV or whatever. It's not like we didn't respect you all while you were having the usrah, we went into the TV room is alI'm personally disappointed.. honestly, thinking about how hard it was for me to get to MCOBA Building that day, on how Neet was mad at me because I choose to go to MCOBA instead of meeting her and how many people I did menyusahkan so that I can go there to do some work, pro bono work for a school I so much love. Seriously.. I was the one who talk the least but I was the one who went under the hammer. Bang! Those guys in there, none are from my batch, not to mention my era. I came there for work but in the middle of it I got stuck in this political game..

Honestly, I like mingling with Old Boys since there's a lot of stories to listen to and though they often belittle you and your College life I find it acceptable since we all seems to agree that the past is always better. We even sing it in our anthem, Dengan Sejarah Yang Cemerlang.. I even eagerly wait for the Old Boys Weekend so that I can once again get a chance to mingle with these folks. But as I know them more, the more obvious it is to me that some of them have really huge egos. They tend to see themselves as infallible and whatever came out from their mouth is the truth and you ought to do what they are doing, if not you're eally treading on a dangerous ground.

I guess we all really missed our College days..

About this entry