Of Mates and Meters

Phewh! Yesterday was tiring indeed. I was in KL most of the day to meet Neet and we spent the whole day photographing. Haha.. how cool is that? It turned out that she enjoyed the whole dating-cum-photographing idea which is quite a relief for me. Why? Well, not all people tolerate photographers. Some of my friends get iritated walking with me since I would just stop all of the sudden and snap pictures.. again and again. Some even hate to see me tinkering my camera! Well, I can't blame them so I avoid them if I'm in the mood to shoot and go out with someone who apreciates photography instead. And that includes you Neet, thank you!

Anyway, forgive me for being photography centric all of the sudden. It's just that I'm really really in the mood to it now and I believe my writing reflects that very much. It's normal right? You just bought a new camera of course you'd be crazy over it. Remember when I just got this Mac? Go figure. Anyway, I learnt from marketing that regrets are a normal part of purchasing behaviour. Everyone regrets over their purchase at one point and so did I since last night, I've read rumours that Nikon is coming out with an updated version of Nikon D40, dubbed the D40x. Haha.. I hate it when that happen but hey, it's normal folks and you'll get over it soon enough.

Last night I stumbled upon a Nikon D40 owner's forum on Flickr and decided to join. It's great to be in a little club you can call your own and from other D40 owners photo posted there, I'm very happy to see what the camera is capable of.. in the right hand of course. It also reminded me on how novice I am compared to other people. Nevermind, we live and we learn and from yesterday's experience I learnt how to meter my photos (decide on the lighting et al) and who knows what today'll bring. It's fun to learn folks.. honestly!

Feel free to see my pictures over at my Flickr page. Just click on the picture up there and do leave comments ya? I would really appreciate it.

Labels:


About this entry