MCOBA Futsal

MCOBA Futsal 2007 started today with a bang. I was at Sunway Sports Planet as early as 8.30 am to help set up everything for the event.. nothing much really other than sorting out them goodie bags and setting up a few buntings and banners. Simple stuffs.

It turned out that my batch was the youngest among the 27 teams that participated in the tournament since class of 2006 somehow failed to make themselves available eventhough their names were on the list. I wonder.. Anyway, after sorting out the stuffs I was the marshal for Pitch 1 and sat there throughout 2 hours and 7 matches, keeping the scores as well as giving the Okay for matches to start. It's simple job actually albeit a little tiring but it was all fun. Nevertheless, some senior batches did give me some hard time.. I'm pretty much expecting it since I'm a very junior member of the organizer, it's natural for them to push me around a little bit. No grudges people.

Anyway, I'm very happy at the progress of my batch's team which includes Erare, Ayee, Pali, Ijal, Salam, Khalil, Teeno, Pijie and Zameer as the manager. We were the underdog of the tournament and people even hardly knew us not to mention we went to the pitch supporterless. You could really see the difference folks, for example when Class of 2003 play they have their friends to cheer, not to mention their girlfriends who aren't shy to shout for their man. Us, it was pretty much silent. Well, what more could you expect, people don't een knew who we were.
Eh, tu batch 96 lawan team mana tuh? 95 ker?
You see what I mean? Anyway, this underdog team is certainly a team that people overlooked. Guess how far we went today? Grouping? Aced. Second round? Aced. Quarter final? Aced. Heck, we made it into the Semi Fianls folks! God, I'm very proud to be in this batch!

Anyway, we lost a match against the Class of 96 and instead of the finals we fought for the third and fourth place where we yet again lost against another team from the Class of 96. Hard luck boys.. Well, I guess everyone was at the point of exertion by then so it's understandable why we lost. Nevertheless, we managed to trounced the Class of 2001 4-1 which is something to be proud of since their team consisted of really good players and all of them used to be the first eleven in 2001.

So that's basically what happened during MCOBA Futsal this year. To my batch, I'm very proud of you guys.
We are proud to be Collegian
How can we ever make you see?
Deep inside we are all somebody
The game is ours and you will see..

About this entry