Filmmaking

Yeeha! My Equine Park home now have Internet! What a relief.. at least now I can waste my time doing something more fun instead.

Anyway, I'm quite busy this week since I have a Film & Television assignment that need to be done. Basically we need to do a mini documentary about the FTV course in Limkokwing. This is my first production assignment here in Limkokwing and I've been really looking forward to it since the last 3 semesters. That being said, it is a roughly simple assignment: all the scenes and scripts are already given, we just need to visualize it.

Nevertheless, simple should not be confused with easy. On most occasions, it is very tiring.. which is bad since we only used a simple camera with a simple tripod. I wonder what it's like to work with film cameras and lighting equipments. I guess I need to go look for a job during next semester break and found out for myself.

As of today, most of the production phase is done and we've just captured the whole DV tape onto the iMac in the computer lab. The next three days is going to be post production! Now that's my stuff. Anyway, I haven't been using Final Cut Pro since the last time I helped Nik and Ayee edit the MCKK Concert in 2005. Thank God that like any other Apple app, the learning part is simple plus I've seen my lecturer did a demo of it last time. I'm also using the new iMac for editing. It's really new, just more than a week out of the box and I'm the first guy to edit on it. Hehe.. Sadly, the footage from the camera is not that nice.. what do you expect from a small camera right? Still, the show must go on.

It's funny how much work need to go into making a 2 minutes video. We shoot for a week and spent the next week solely for editing. Man, what have I got myself into. Haha.. I really think I need to invest on a editing-worthy setup here at home. At least I can work on my own schedule. Anyway, it's a good start nonetheless. I learned more stuff that what I used to know and my over all knowhow on filmmaking is improving. Learning is fun!

About this entry