Facts and Fun stuffs. As if..

Random facts that could someday save your life.

1. It takes approximately 4 minutes and 21 seconds for a plate of sushi to make one full round on the Ampang Point Sushi King kaiten.

2. The car with the number plate ABC 123 is a white Perodua Myvi, driven by a middle aged Chinese lady who most probably lives around the Klang Valley.

*



Kura-kura. RM6 seekor. Pasar Lorong Tuanku Abdul Rahman. Hurmm..

Back in 1995 when I was in standard 1 I had an argument with my Bahasa Melayu (or Bahasa Malaysia, I can't tell) teacher over the correct spelling and pronunciation of the word 'giraffe' in Malay. I recalled my ABC book spelling it as 'zirafah' so I was 'zirafah' all the way. My teacher said that it was 'girafah'. Since I'm 7 years old schoolboy and she's about 5, 6 times my age she won hands down.

Oh well..

I was in standard 2 back in 1996. One day it was the mid year exams and on that particular day was the English paper. I remember this paper because the whole class got poor results. Why? Well.. on the cover page of the exam paper, right above where we are supposed to write our name and class, was a drawing of a cute dinosaur wearing a hat on a small island with a coconut tree. It wasn't black and white; it was only the outline. So everyone rushed to finish their paper and after half and hour, most of us were busy colouring the dinosaur instead of the usual checking and rechecking our answers. Hey, what else do you expect a bunch of 8 year olds to do?

Oh well..

There was this one group of Chinese girls in my class (always in my class because they are as smart as me) back in primary school. During recess they would always take out their lunch box which would always contains a sandwich and use them as weapons to force everyone out of the class. How?
Haa! You takut babi tak? Kalau takut you keluar! (While parading the sandwiches in front of us Muslims' face)
Haha.. Well, they were young and so were we. In recent years I kept wondering wether that was really a pork sandwich or not. I wonder what happen to those girls too..

Oh well..

I was in standard 3 when I somehow got 100% for my Pendidikan Islam paper. I went home to recheck everything when I found one question where the teacher marked my wrong answer as right. I kept quiet about it because that was probably the only 100% anything I ever got in school.

Oh well..

Today I am able to reaffirm my believe that I live in the IT age when I read Cepe's comment on my posting about me changing my Mac's hard disk. He said:
Cool gile. Haha.
Wow.. Back then I never though such a thing could be cool. I started getting interested about computers back when Abah bought us a computer in 1995. It was a 120MHz Pentium PC running Windows 95. The ones with the Turbo button, remember those? I have this one friend in school who share the same interest as me. I was terribly jealous of him because his computer is a 133Mhz Pentium. Yeah, laugh laugh.. but that was then. Today I read that the new nVidia graphic card is more powerful than 25 000 Pentium processors.. 

Oh well.. Maybe I should go to sleep..


About this entry