Nostalgia and Progress

This is how much fuel RM40 can buy these days. My full tank just gone up from RM70 to RM100. Tisk..


Yesterday was the first time I refueled my car since the price hike. I've been trying to save up actually, taking trains and such. It is kind of a killing two birds with one stone thing: I get to save fuel and money and I get to walk, exercise a bit. Walking have also given me a nice opportunity to do photography since I haven't photographed anything nice for quite a while..

Anyway, if there's one thing KTM need to do to improve is to change its name. Stop living in Tanah Melayu. You might be top notch back in Tanah Melayu but you are a mess in Malaysia. It's not that you really need that name to be nostalgic of the old days and all. Restore your old stations in Perak, make something useful out of the old KL station or even start a dedicated steam train ride once a month for people to experience life back in the old days. Those are the kind of nostalgia I would appreciate. I don't need that name to remind me of my history.

When I'm on the Komuter from KL to Rawang, I don't want you guys imagining me as tin ingots being transported from Port Weld to Klian Pauh. Oh, that reminds me.. Port Weld is now Kuala Sepetang and Klian Pauh is Taiping. When will Keretapi Tanah Melayu be Keretapi Malaysia? Stop the denial and let progress begin.

About this entry