Tint My Ride.. which ride?

I stumbled upon this ad banner yesterday in Rawang town. It's from a film tint shop that advertises the advantages of tinting your car which makes it cool against not tinting it which makes it hot as in the oven.

So what's the big deal about it? Well, take a look at the cars in the ad, the oven car is a Proton Waja while the cool, tinted and happy car is a Honda Jazz. That's the thing that caught my attention. Why is it that it's the local car that is the bad one and an imported Japanese car is the protagonist of this advertisement?

Well, with the little advertising knowledge I gained last semester, I guess all this have something to do with target audience. Perhaps this Air Cool company is expecting people in imported cars to be the ones that'll tint their cars compared to the poor old bloke driving a Proton. Is it? Well, as I've observed throughout my life, I find that it is the blokes in Protons are keener to tint their cars. You know, those people who trully believes their Wira is an Evo III type of guy.. So I guess in my opinion this advertisement is not quite as efective as it could be.

So how would it be effective? Change the cars. Turn it around and make the Jazz car sans tint while the Proton car tinted and put this as a tag line: An expensive car is useless without AirCool. That'll be kick ass.

Labels: ,


About this entry